Aluminum Case CNC Manufactured to fit your Raspberry Pi 5
- Fits both 8Gb and 4Gb versions
- Direct Thermal Heat Transfer and Dissipation throughout the entire Case
- Pulls heat from all 5 of the main IC's on the board (CPU, RAM, RP1, PMIC Power Regulator, and Ethernet Transceiver)
- Includes Thermal Grease, 4 screws, 4 rubber feet, and 1 Allen wrench
- LED light pipe through to the top of the case for easy viewing
- Full GPIO wiring access through the case
- All side ports fully accessible including the Power/Reset Switch
- Totally Silent
- Strong - Aluminum protection keeps your Raspberry Pi safe
- All 3 JST-sh connectors (RTC, UART, and FAN) can be accessed through the case
A direct thermal transfer allows this case to cool your Raspberry Pi 5 like no other!
This case is the result of over 10 years of my development in Small Board Computer Cases. Starting with the original Raspberry Pi in 2013, I've developed a silent, customizable, Aluminum Case for every major release of the Raspberry Pi board. This is the newest release for the Raspberry Pi 5, and by far the BEST one yet.
CNC Manufactured in the USA with very tight tolerances here at Barch Designs, this case fits AMAZING. There are 5 internal pillars that come down to touch the main IC's of the Raspberry Pi 5 board allowing the heat generated to be pulled quickly away and dissipated throughout the entire case keeping your board running smooth and cool.
This case fits the 8Gb, and 4Gb versions of the Raspberry Pi 5 board. The light from the board's LED is pulled to the surface through a light pipe for easy viewing. The GPIO has full access through a slot in the side. All side ports are accessible with this case and the micro SD card can be accessed when the case is fully assembled. Four rubber feet are included to help with air flow around the case.
The case comes with clear plastic and neoprene inserts to protect and support the Raspberry Pi when putting the case together. These ensure that the board is supported under the IC's when the pillars make contact. Another upgrade this year are rear positive stops to set the board exactly where it needs to be for the pillars to maintain proper contact with the IC's.
The CAD drawing can be viewed publicly in OnShape at the following link if you would like to modify or check out the case for your own personal use.
Please note that if WiFi signal is crucial to your project, I recommend using an external USB WiFi dongle as radio signal strength of the on board WiFi is reduced inside the case. However, this can be a desired trait for those wishing to reduce overall interference from the RPi board to nearby peripherals such as HAM radios.
*This listing does NOT include the actual Raspberry Pi Computer Board